Terms and conditions
As we can accept your order and make a legally enforceable agreement without further reference to you, you must read these terms and conditions to make sure that they contain all that you want and nothing that you are not happy with. If you are unsure about anything, just phone us on 0207 245 1111.
- These Terms and Conditions will apply to the purchase of the good by you (the Customer or you). The WWW.LIGHTINGANDFURNITURE.CO.UK is owned and operated by STERLING LIGHTS LTD. a company registered in England and Wales under number 04382491 whose registered office is at 34 KNIGHTSBRIDGE, LONDON, SW1X 7JN with the email address firstname.lastname@example.org; telephone number 0207 245 111; (the supplier or us or we).
- These are the terms on which we sell all goods to you. By ordering any of the goods, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. By ordering any of the services, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. You can only purchase the goods from the website if you are eligible to enter into a contract and are at least 18 years old.
- Consumer means an individual acting for purposes which are wholly or mainly outside his or her trade, business, craft or profession;
- Contract means the legally-binding agreement between you and us for the supply of the goods;
- Delivery Location means the suppliers premises or other location where the goods are to be supplied, as set out in the order;
- Durable Medium means paper or email, or any other medium that allows information to be addressed personally to the recipient, enables the recipient to store the information in a way accessible for future reference for a period that is long enough for the purposes of the information, and allows the unchanged reproduction of the information stored;
- Goods means the goods advertised on the website that we supply to you for the number and description as set out in the order;
- Order means the customer’s order for the goods from the supplier as submitted following the step by step process set out on the website;
- Website means our website WWW.LIGHTINGANDFURNITURE.CO.UK on which the goods are advertised.
- The description of the goods is as set out in the website, catalogues, brochures or other form of advertisement. Any description is for illustrative purposes only and there may be small discrepancies in the size and colour of the goods supplied.
- In the case of any goods made to your special requirements, it is your responsibility to ensure that any information or specification you provide is accurate.
- All goods which appear on the website are subject to availability.
- We can make changes to the goods which are necessary to comply with any applicable law or safety requirement.
Personal information and Registration
- When registering to use the website you must set up a username and password. You remain responsible for all actions taken under the chosen username and password and undertake not to disclose your username and password to anyone else and keep them secret.
- You are responsible for ensuring that the data you submit is complete and correct.
- We may contact you by using e-mail or other electronic communication methods and by pre-paid post and you expressly agree to this.
- We reserve the right to reject any offer to purchase by you at any time. We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure but, in the absence of negligence on our part, we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party gains unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the Website.
- We reserve the right to keep all customer details on our ordering system and a paper copy of your details at our Head Office until such a time we deem it suitable to destroy them. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure all information remains confidential.
Basis of Sale
- The description of the goods in our website does not constitute a contractual offer to sell the goods. When an order has been submitted on the website, we can reject it for any reason, although we will try to tell you the reason without delay.
- The order process is set out on the website, so before you submit your order, it is your responsibility to check that you have used the ordering process correctly.
- A contract will be formed for the sale of the goods ordered only when you receive an email from us confirming the order (Order Confirmation). You must ensure that the order confirmation is complete and accurate and inform us immediately of any errors. We are not responsible for any inaccuracies in the order placed by you. By placing an order, you agree to us giving you confirmation of the contract by means of an email with all the information in it (ie the Order Confirmation). You will receive the order confirmation within a reasonable time after making the contract, but in any event not later than the delivery of any goods supplied under the contract.
- No variation of the contract, whether about description of the goods, fees or otherwise, can be made after it has been entered unless the variation is agreed by the customer and the supplier in writing.
- We intend that these Terms and Conditions apply only to a contract entered into by you as a consumer. If this is not the case and if you are a business customer, you must tell us, so that we can provide you with a different contract with the terms which are more appropriate for you as a business.
- We reserve the right to withdraw any products from this Website at any time and/or remove or edit any materials or content on this Website. We may refuse to process a transaction for any reason or refuse service to anyone at any time at our sole discretion. We will not be liable to you or any third party by reason of our withdrawing any product from this Website whether or not that product has been sold, removing or editing any materials or content on the Website, refusing to process a transaction or unwinding or suspending any transaction after processing has begun.
- In case if your ordered product been discontinued by the manufacturer or out of stock for long period, we will either suggest you alternative product or arrange full refund back to your card.
Price and Payment
- The price of the goods and any additional delivery or any other charges is that set out on the website at the date of the order or such other price as we may agree in writing.
- Prices and charges include VAT at the rate applicable at the time of the order.
- You must pay by submitting your credit or debit card details with your order and we can take payment immediately or otherwise before the delivery of the goods.
- You confirm that the credit or debit card that is being used is yours. All credit/debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorization by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to or does not, for any reason, authorize payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
- We will deliver the goods, to the delivery location by the time or within the agreed period or, failing any agreement, without undue delay and, in any event, not more than 50 days after the day on which the contract is entered.
- In any case, regardless of events beyond our control, if we do not deliver the goods to you in 50 days from the date of order treat the contract at an end if:
- We have refused to deliver goods, or if delivery on time is essential taking into account all relevant circumstances at the time the contract was made, or you said to us before the contract was made that delivery on time was essential; or
- After we have failed to deliver on time, you have specified a later period which is appropriate to the circumstances and we have not delivered within that period.
- If you treat the contract at an end, we will (in addition to other remedies) promptly return all payments made under the contract
- If you were entitled to treat the contract at an end, but do not do so, you are not prevented from cancelling the order for any goods or rejecting goods that have been delivered and, if you do this, we will (in addition to other remedies) without delay return all payments made under the contract for any such cancelled or rejected goods. If the goods have been delivered, you must return them to us or allow us to collect them from you and we will pay the costs of this.
- If any goods form a commercial unit (a unit is a commercial unit if division of the unit would materially impair the value of the goods or the character of the unit) you cannot cancel or reject the order for some of those goods without also cancelling or rejecting the order for the rest of them.
- We do not generally deliver to addresses outside England and Wales. If, however, we accept an order for delivery outside that area, you may need to pay an import duties and other taxes and additional delivery charges, as we will not pay them.
- You agree we may deliver the good in installments if we suffer a shortage of stock or other genuine and fair reason, subject to the above provisions and provided you are not liable for extra charges.
- If you or your nominee fail, through no fault of ours, to take delivery of the goods at the delivery location, we may charge costs of storing and redelivering them.
- The goods will become your responsibility from the completion of the delivery or customer collection. You must, if reasonably practicable, examine the goods before accepting them.
- We only deliver goods up to ground floor entrance. We cannot deliver above this level unless there is suitable lift access. If you require a special delivery you have to pay extra charges. If order item is heavy or large and require two man delivery, we will call you and advise you of any extra cost involved in delivering before your order is processed.
- We strongly advise you to thoroughly check your goods upon receipt, if you find any damage outside or inside box, you must report this to courier and signed as “Not checked” or “Received in damaged condition”, failure to do so, you will be not entitled for any refund.
- To protect your interests, any claim concerning short delivery and/or damaged and/or defective goods found after the delivery, you must notify us within 48 hours of delivery, after that period our company won’t entertain any goods losses or damages claim.
- Furniture and large lighting goods dimensions given for your guidance. Before ordering such an item, please ensure that there is adequate room to take the furniture and large lighting goods through any doorways and windows, taking note of any restricted passageways, stairs and awkward turns, failure to do so, you will be liable for both delivery and return cost.
Risk and Title
- Risk of damage to, or loss of, any goods will pass to you when the goods are delivered to you.
- You do not own the goods until we have received payment in full. If full payment is overdue or a step occurs towards your bankruptcy, we can choose, by notice to cancel any delivery and end any right to use the goods still owned by you, in which case you must return them.
Withdrawal, returns and cancellation
- You can withdraw the order by informing us before the contract is made, if you simply wish to change your mind and without giving us a reason, and without incurring any liability.
- This is a distance contract (as defined below) which has the cancellation rights (Cancellation Rights) set out below. These cancellation rights, however, do not apply, to a contract for the following goods (with no others) in the following circumstances:
- Goods that are made to your specifications or are clearly personalized;
- Goods which are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly.
- Goods and/or packing damaged by you.
- Goods won’t be in a re-saleable condition.
- Self-assembly furniture cannot be returned once assembly is part or fully completed.
- Bed mattress can’t be returned.
- Bulbs and accessories can’t be returned
- Also, the cancellation rights for a contract cease to be available in the following circumstances:
- In the case of any sales contract, if the goods become mixed inseparably (according to their nature) with other items after delivery.
Rights to cancel
- Subject as stated in these Terms and Conditions, you can cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.
- The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party, other than the carrier indicated by you, acquires physical possession of the goods (in case of bulk order of the similar item, first delivery and in case of one item delivery in part last delivery). In a contract for the supply of goods over time (i.e. subscriptions), the right to cancel will be 14 days after the first delivery.
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement setting out your decision either by completing online form or by sending an email, notification by telephone is not sufficient and you must keep the copy as a confirmation of your order cancellation. In any event, you must be able to show clear evidence of when the cancellation was made.
- You can also electronically fill in and submit the model cancellation form or any other clear statement of the customer’s decision to cancel the contract on our website WWW.LIGHTINGANDFURNITURE.CO.UK. If you use this option, we will communicate to you an acknowledgement of receipt of such a cancellation in a durable medium (e.g. by email) without delay.
- To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
Effects of cancellation period
- Except as set out below, if you cancel this contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, subject you return the goods to us at your cost, if you want us to arrange collection then £50 fees will apply and it will deduct from your total payment and balance will be refund back to your card.
- If you order your goods by selecting expensive type of delivery and return goods at your cost, only normal delivery cost will be refunded by us.
Deduction for goods supplied
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of goods been damaged by you or damaged in transit or lost, in that case you must pay us the amount of that loss.
- You must take reasonable care to ensure the items are not damaged in the meantime or whilst in transit. If item received by us in damaged conditions or not in a resalable condition in that case, we reserve the right to refuse a refund on the item.
- We reserve our right to deduct 35% of the original selling price from the refund amount if we find that the product has not been returned in original packaging.
Timing of reimbursement
- If we have not offered to collect the goods, we will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than, 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied.
- If we have offered to collect the goods or if no goods were supplied, we will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this contract.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payments as you used for the initial transaction.
- If you have received goods in connection with the contract which you have cancelled, you must send back the goods or hand them over to us at 34 KNIGHTSBRIDGE, LONDON, SW1X 7JN without delay and in any event not later than 7 days from the date of your notice of cancellation of this contract. You agree that you will have to bear the cost of returning the goods.
- If you have ordered furniture and want to return that to us, we will arrange collection from you and will apply an appropriate collection charge. The collection charge will be the same cost as the original delivery charge levied and will be deducted from the refund value when processed.
- For the purposes of these cancellation rights, these words have the following meanings:
- Distance contract means a contract concluded between a trader and a consumer under an organised distance sales or service-provision scheme without the simultaneous physical presence of the trader and the consumer, with the exclusive use of one or means of distance communication up to and including the time at which the contract is concluded;
- Sales contract means a contract under which a trader transfer or agrees to transfer the ownership of goods to a consumer and the consumer pays or agrees to pay the price, including any contract that has both goods and services as its object.
Conformity and guarantee
- It’s our aim to provide you goods as advertised on our website but in case of glass or fabric items there may be a chance that goods may slightly different in colour or sizes than website picture of description so please keep this in mind.
- All our goods come with manufacturer one year warranty towards product workmanship.
- This guarantee will take effect at the time the goods are delivered, and will not reduce your legal rights.
Circumstances beyond the control of either party
- In the event of any failure by a party because of something beyond its reasonable control:
- The party will advise the other party as soon as reasonably practicable; and
- The party’s obligations will be suspended so far as is reasonable, provided that that party will act reasonably, and the party will not be liable for any failure which it could not reasonably avoid, but this will not affect the customers above rights relating to delivery and any right to cancel, below.
- The supplier does not exclude liability for: (i) any fraudulent act or omission; or (ii) for death or personal injury caused by negligence or breach of the supplier’s other legal obligations. Subject to this, the supplier is not liable for (i) loss which was not reasonably foreseeable to both parties at the time when the contract was made, or (ii) loss (e.g. loss of profit) to the customer’s business, trade craft or profession which would not be suffered by a business, trade, craft or profession.
Complaints, arbitration, Governing law and jurisdiction.
- We will try to avoid any dispute, so we deal with complaints in the following way: “If a dispute occurs customers should contact us to find a solution. We will aim to respond with an appropriate solution within 14 working days.”
- If matter don’t get resolve between customer and our company, matter must refer to independent arbitrator or to court mediation services before applying any legal action.
- The contract (including any non-contractual matters) is governed by the law of England and Wales.
- We are base in London, so disputes of purchase items or any matter related to that should be submitted to any London court.